We’re Hiring – Program Officer
We work to help Delaware become a global leader in educating each of its students to contribute and thrive. We believe a great education changes everything—from the life of a young person to the health and vibrancy of a community. A great education opens up worlds of opportunities, strengthens economies, and promotes civic engagement. It changes everything. At Rodel, we are working to make sure every student in Delaware gets a great education and empowering our state to become a leader for equity and excellence.
Director, Policy and Advocacy
The core work will involve working with our team, as well as local and national partners, on helping Delaware become a global leader in public education. You will be analyzing problems, discovering insights, and making change happen. You will be helping bring new ideas to life and be informing public policy.
Projects may address topics including education funding and early learning, and other high priority areas such as college and career readiness, educator support and development, social emotional learning and whole child development, and student-centered and competency-based learning .
The work will entail policy analysis, coalition building and management, stakeholder engagement, strategic planning, and vendor management to inform and advance the organization’s policy priorities. Program Officers represent Rodel externally in state meetings, national convenings, on boards, and in local planning efforts.
- Critical Success Personal Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Complex project management and strategic thinking
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and generate high quality deliverables
- Engagement and management of external stakeholders, vendors and consultants
- Strong critical thinking and analytic capability.
- Good judgment and ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Can move forward even when faced with ambiguity and take ownership.
- Appreciate and enjoy bringing a high level of detail to tasks.
- Preference for collaborating with others rather than working alone.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and groups to consensus around recommendations and action.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving, “matrixed” organization with many external stakeholders.
- Ability to turn challenges into solutions
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, and execute strategies to engage our partners and key education stakeholders to advance organizational priorities
- Analysis of Delaware and national research, data, partners, and opportunities to inform organizational strategy
- Project planning, execution and management
- Represent Rodel and build external relationships with partners across the state and nationally
- Experience as an effective collaborator with the ability to connect key stakeholders to accomplish organizational objectives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with experience in navigating complex relationships across multiple stakeholders with varied interests
- Support the development of policy and advocacy materials
- Commitment to Rodel’s mission and goals for improving the education system
While we are open to candidates with a wide range of academic and work backgrounds as well as learning styles, a Bachelor’s Degree is required for this role. Preference may be given to candidates with a graduate degree, or work towards an advanced degree. At least 3 to 5 years of experience coordinating and managing complex projects is required. Preferred skills and experience may include: Experience in public education; Knowledge of Delaware, other state and national education systems; Experience with advocacy campaigns or community engagement; Familiarity with Delaware legislative process.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We also provide customized support and professional development to advance your skillset.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Tiffany Trawick
- Fax: 302.571.1538