We’re Hiring: Research Associate
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Research Associate
Summary: The primary role of the position is to provide support for Rodel and outside partner projects, events, and communications. Work will involve education issues areas such as student achievement data; teacher diversity and retention; student-centered and technology-enabled learning; social emotional learning; and other high priority areas such as early learning and college and career readiness.
Critical Success Personal Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Passion for the mission and social justice
- Sense of urgency
- Strong critical thinking and analytic capability
- Ability to tell a story with data
- Exceptional writing skills
- Web savvy with a familiarity with social media
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity
- Good judgment and proactive
- Manage multiple, complex projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and data analysis
- Supporting fundraising prospecting research
- Project execution and management
- Writing and communications projects
- Preparation and formatting of documents
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Program support for events, including set-up and logistics
- Data entry into our contact management system
- General office support
- Other duties to be assigned as needed
Education/Experience and Computer Skills:
The ideal candidate will excel in:
- Written and verbal communication
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Strategic thinking
- Microsoft Office, and have a strong knowledge of online and social media best practices
- Strong technical skills with the ability/affinity to learn new technology applications.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this role. Preference may be given to candidates with a graduate degree, or work towards an advanced degree. Experience in public education is preferred, but not required. A knowledge of state and national education systems is preferred. At least 2 to 4 years of experience coordinating and managing complex projects is also preferred.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Nancy Millard at firstname.lastname@example.org.