Educator Support and Development
Great school teachers and leaders are at the core of a world-class education. Research demonstrates that teachers and leaders are the most important in-school factors impacting student learning. This makes educator support and development one of the highest leverage policy areas impacting student learning.
Rodel has supported the state in learning from the highest performing school systems in the world and their intense focus on educator support and development. We have supported raising standards to enter the teaching profession in Delaware, and data reporting requirements for educator preparation programs.
We have invested in programs that recruit and prepare teachers and leaders with a specific commitment to serving the highest need students, such as Teach For America, RELAY Graduate School of Education, and Delaware Leadership Project.
Check out our latest report: Delaware’s Pathway to Teach
This research project charts the pathway to becoming a teacher in Delaware – beginning in middle school through hiring – and recommends how to improve it.
It’s part of a larger collaboration among Delaware state, districts, teacher preparation programs, and funders. The project aims to catalyze action in 2020-22 to achieve goals such as: dramatically increase the teachers of color in the pipeline and their retention in the profession, and catalyze statewide change in Delaware that can inform national conversation
- Teacher Preparation Collaboration Among Delaware Districts and Educator Preparation Programs 2020-22 (Rodel, 2020)
- Delaware’s Pathway to Teach (2020), a report that charts the pathway to becoming a teacher in Delaware – beginning in middle school through hiring – and recommends how to improve it.
- Empowering Great Teachers in Delaware: Teacher Preparation Collaboration Among Delaware Districts and Educator Preparation Programs, 2020-2022
- Delaware Public Education at a Glance: Our Delaware public education resource guide features key statistics and information on Delaware teacher leaders, including: demographics, years of experience, educational attainment, compensation, performance evaluations, and turnover.
- Educator Support and Development Policy Brief (2015): This brief provides an introduction to the issue, overview of the current landscape in Delaware, summary of how Delaware compares to other states and the nation, and links to additional resources.
- Additional Detail on Educator Support and Development (2015): Data and information about educator support and development in Delaware and nationally.
- Initiatives Underway (2015): This list provides an overview of many of the initiatives and resources that have been put in place to help support educators throughout the continuum of their careers.
Check out the Rodel blog for more information!
- Delaware Department of Education website: The Department of Education’s website has many resources on educator support and development in Delaware.
- Join Delaware Schools: A website providing easy access to all vacancies in Delaware’s public education system.
- Delaware Department of Education’s Educator Equity Plan (2015): Delaware’s plan to ensure equitable access to excellent educators for all students.