Educator Support and Development
Great school teachers and leaders are at the core of a world-class education. Research demonstrates that teachers and leaders are the most important in-school factors impacting student learning. This makes educator support and development one of the highest leverage policy areas impacting student learning.
Rodel has supported the state in learning from the highest performing school systems in the world and their intense focus on educator support and development. We have supported raising standards to enter the teaching profession in Delaware, and data reporting requirements for educator preparation programs.
We have invested in programs that recruit and prepare teachers and leaders with a specific commitment to serving the highest need students, such as Teach For America, RELAY Graduate School of Education, and Delaware Leadership Project.
- Teacher Preparation Collaboration Among Delaware Districts and Educator Preparation Programs 2020-22 (Rodel, 2020)
- Delaware’s Pathway to Teach (2020), a report that charts the pathway to becoming a teacher in Delaware – beginning in middle school through hiring – and recommends how to improve it.
- Empowering Great Teachers in Delaware: Teacher Preparation Collaboration Among Delaware Districts and Educator Preparation Programs, 2020-2022, a presentation on teacher preparation collaboration among Delaware districts and educator preparation programs.
- Delaware Public Education at a Glance: Rodel’s Delaware public education resource guide features key statistics and information on Delaware teacher leaders, including: demographics, years of experience, educational attainment, compensation, performance evaluations, and turnover.
Check out the Rodel blog for more information!
- Delaware Department of Education: The Department of Education’s website has many resources on educator support and development in Delaware.
- Join Delaware Schools: A website providing easy access to all vacancies in Delaware’s public education system.
- Delaware Department of Education’s Educator Equity Plan (2015-2025): Delaware’s plan to ensure equitable access to excellent educators for all students.