5 Reasons You Should Attend ECET2 Delaware
by Robyn Howton, Rodel Teacher Council
Over the 26 years I have been an educator, I have attended a wide range of professional development workshops, conferences, and seminars. In 2015, I was invited to attend the national Elevating and Celebrating Effective Teaching and Teachers (ECET2) convening.
Once I attended, I knew we needed to replicate the experience for Delaware teachers. We all know teachers who go above and beyond for their students every day—and those are the teachers ECET2 is meant to celebrate. Will you and your colleagues plan to join us on February 25 in Dover for this free event? Here’s more about why you should attend.
- DELAWARE – This conference has been created by The Rodel Teacher Council, a group of Delaware educators from all across the state, specifically for Delaware educators. The teacher council has previously hosted a personalized learning workshop, and ECET2 will build on the success of that event, with a more central location, larger attendance, and broader array of speakers and discussion topics focused on the needs and interests of Delaware teachers.
- TEACHING – Between the demo lab and the breakout sessions, attendees will gain practical experiences during the day to inform their classroom practices on Monday. Sessions will be led by Delaware teachers already implementing the strategy, technology, or activity in their own classrooms. The speakers and breakout sessions will focus on the opportunities and challenges faced everyday in Delaware classrooms like using technology to motivate students, building a community of engaged learners, and using Schoology to create assignments. See the full list of breakout sessions here.
- TEACHERS – Too often educators find themselves isolated in their own classrooms or their own schools, with few opportunities to engage with teachers in different schools, subject areas, or grade levels. From our keynote speakers to our networking breaks and social media opportunities, ECET2 Delaware is a chance to meet educators from across the state and make connections that will have a lasting impact for you professionally.
- CELEBRATING – Quite simply, at ECET2 events, teachers are the STARS of the day. On February 25th, we will celebrate teachers making a difference for students every day—in ways large and small—across our state. We will celebrate the power of education to make a difference in the lives of our students, and we’ll hear from students themselves about the differences you’ve made in their lives.
- ELEVATE – The number one reason you should attend ECET2 Delaware is for the experience of having education and educators elevated and respected. From the stories of our speakers to the opportunity to network and problem solve with teachers from across the state, we hope you leave the event feeling like a knowledgeable professional—the best part of our education system.
I was very fortunate to travel to the National ECET2 convening and am excited to help bring this opportunity to Delaware. Register now and be a part of truly special event—a professional conference by teachers, for teachers which will give you innovative ideas for your classroom and leave you feeling motivated and inspired to return to school the following week.