Delaware Early Learning Opportunities
Join in the work to advance early learning in Delaware. The Delaware Office of Early Learning has upcoming opportunities for engagement for educators, families, and supporters of early learning.
- Standards Committee: The Office of Early Learning and the Delaware Department of Education are sponsoring a workgroup to create standards for kindergarten through 2nd grade that will focus on approaches to learning and social-emotional development. Contact Sue Mitchell if you are interested in joining. They are especially seeking kindergarten through 2nd grade teachers and school administrators.
- Early Childhood Forums: Next Wednesday, October 30, the state participating agencies and their non-profit partners who sponsor the state’s early learning programs will co-host an update an open forum. Recommended for child care providers around the state and sited in each county, this is the final of three forums. It will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Canby Division of Social Services, 1920 Maryland Avenue, Wilmington, 19805.
- Family Fun Packs: The Office of Early Learning is hosting a contest where randomly drawn weekly winners from each county will win a family outing to the movies, family fun centers, museums, etc. The contest ends next Friday, November 1. To enter, visit greatstartsdelaware.com.
Next week, we will be providing an update about the DEL School Readiness Teams, so continue visiting our blog.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- Why Delaware Should Continue to Lean in on Family Supports
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID