Announcing the 16 Rodel Teacher Council Members
We are pleased to announce sixteen exemplary teachers who will serve as members of the Rodel Teacher Council. Each of these educators applied through a competitive process; was interviewed by a panel of our staff, district administrators, and state education leaders; and was selected from more than 80 outstanding applicants. The Council includes a variety of teacher voices; members come from all three counties; represent different grade levels; and bring leadership perspectives including union representatives, state policy committee advisors, and teachers of the year.
The goal of the Rodel Teacher Council is to provide a venue for teachers to weigh-in on important issues that affect the work of educators and help set the course for future education reforms throughout the state of Delaware that focus on personalized learning. Given all of the state-level policy shifts happening in Delaware, we want to hear from classroom teachers to inform our thinking, and we hope it provides them with a chance to expand their leadership on some of the most innovative work happening nationally. Council members will meet with key education stakeholders, visit exemplary schools where innovation is transforming instruction, and help to scale these best practices on instruction and innovation throughout the state.
The sixteen Rodel Teacher Council Members are:
- Timothy Brewer, St. Georges Technical High School, New Castle County Vocational Technical School District
- Patricia Dallas, Richardson Park Learning Center, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Peter P. Demyan, Brandywine High School, Brandywine School District
- Sharon G. Hardnett, Concord High School, Brandywine School District
- Jennifer Hollstein, Charter School of Wilmington, Red Clay Consolidated School District/Charter School
- Robyn Howton, Mount Pleasant High School, Brandywine School District
- Michele Johnson, Towne Point Elementary School, Capital School District
- Jennifer Lougheed, Georgetown Middle School, Indian River School District
- Michelle Morton, McKean High School, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Corryn Nikodemski, W.T. Chipman Middle School, Lake Forest School District
- Kathleen Olenderski, Alfred G. Waters Middle School Appoquinimink School District
- Paul Ramirez, Howard High School of Technology, New Castle County Vocational Technical School District
- John Strong, Dover High School, Capital School District
- Melissa Tracy, Conrad Schools of Science, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Kacie Versaci, Prestige Academy Charter School
- Michelle Wilson, Booker T. Washington Elementary, School Capital School District
For biographies and photos of the Council members, click here.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System