We’re Hiring: Associate Director of Development
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Associate Director of Development
At Rodel, we partner with national and local funders to co-invest with us to improve the lives of all Delawareans. A successful Associate Director for Development will provide a clear vision for operationalizing Rodel’s co-investment pipeline in alignment with Rodel’s strategic priorities.
The Associate Director will be responsible for project managing grant applications, conducting funder research, and tracking grant progress using reporting and data analysis. This role will support senior leadership in raising awareness of our collective impact with current and potential partners through marketing and in-person visits. Additionally, they will support senior leadership to build out strategic, long-term partnerships to grow our impact and proactively work with the entire team to identify and plan opportunities to expand networks to further our mission.
Ideally, the person in this role will have previous experience in partnership development, fundraising administration and/or strong experience managing complex systems and projects with a high degree of detail orientation. This person will report to the Chief Operating Officer
What You’ll Do:
Maintain and Improve Systems to Track Funder Pipeline
- Manage the application process for grants from start to finish, collaborating with teammates to create strong, responsive, complete applications that are funded at a high rate
- Own the calendar and processes for grant reporting, collaborating with teammates to provide relevant, responsive updates to funders as required, and analyzing relevant grants data (e.g. funds expended and on what types of expenditures) to meet grant requirements
- Conduct funder research to develop comprehensive, relevant profiles of government, private and corporate funder interests, processes, and alignment to Rodel priorities
- Serve as the content manager of our new contact management system, operating as the point of contact within the organization for questions, process updates, and team support; acting as the primary person responsible for keeping it up-to-date and running accurate reports from the data; and identifying opportunities for process and system improvements to increase use, efficiency and accuracy
- Support senior leadership team in raising awareness of our collective impact with current and potential partners through social media and in-person visits
- Support senior leadership team in building out strategic, long-term, partnerships to grow our impact
- Proactively work with the team to identify and plan opportunities to expand the team’s
networks to further our mission
Coordinate Engagements with Funders
- Coordinate Rodel’s work with the Delaware Business Roundtable Education Committee, including planning meetings and tracking engagement and fundraising activities
- Track and manage relationships and engagement with current and potential funders/partners for the leadership and program teams
- Manage planning and logistics for co-investment-related travel and conferences
- Support senior leadership in raising awareness of our collective impact with current and potential partners through marketing, social media and in-person meetings and events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to centering work around the needs of students as we work to build a more equitable system of public education in Delaware
- Experienced in project management, with demonstrated ability to own a project start to finish
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Effective prioritization, time management, and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct and synthesize research on funders and related topics into user-friendly profiles and reports
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Exercise impeccable judgment and act in alignment with Rodel’s values
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct basic data collection, analysis, and reporting
- A passion for education, innovation, and a commitment to educational equity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and have the ability and affinity to leverage new technology platform innovations
A bachelor’s degree is preferred for this position but not required if the applicant has relevant work experience.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package, including dedicated professional development resources to support your growth in the role.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $100,000, commensurate with education and experience
Submit a resume and cover letter to Tiffany Trawick via email at email@example.com.