Deadline Approaching for Rodel Teacher Council Application
“Where would any of us be without teachers– without people who had passion for their art or their science or their craft and they loved it right in front of us? What would any of us have done without teachers passing on to us what they knew was essential about life?”
My hero, Mr. Fred Rogers, said that. Like Mr. Rogers, we all know that great teachers are at the center providing a world-class education. It is for this reason Rodel is seeking the very best Delaware teachers to serve on the Rodel Teacher Council–to inform each other, policy makers, and us about whats going on in our state’s classrooms. In just two weeks – Monday, July 15 – the application window to join the Council will close. The Rodel Teacher Council is a group of highly motivated and accomplished teachers who will lend their voice, expertise, and time to improving the education policy landscape in Delaware. Teacher Council members serve for 18 months and receive a $1,500 stipend for their time, energy, and efforts. The members will additionally meet with key education policymakers, visit exemplary schools where innovation is transforming instruction, and help scale best practices throughout the state.
Current Delaware public school teachers who have at least three years of classroom experience and demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence are eligible to apply. Teacher Council members should be ready to:
- Inspire: Challenge the way things have always been done and demonstrate to all Delawareans what’s possible for students within our classrooms and schools
- Inform: Draw upon extensive knowledge and experience within classrooms to provide key insights around current policy priorities and implementation issues
- Lead: Embrace ideas that embody ingenuity, excellence, innovation, and collaboration while challenging colleagues to take the risks needed to improve student learning
We are excited about the launch of the Teacher Council and the unique perspective each member will bring to the group. If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for the founding Rodel Teacher Council, visit www.rodelfoundationde.org/teachercouncil for more information and to access the application. To help spread the word about the Teacher Council and the approaching application deadline, please copy and paste this blog post in an email and forward it to your networks.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- “The Education GA” Rides Again: Busy Legislative Session Focuses on Early Learning, Literacy, and Teacher Supports
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.