How do you more than quadruple the number of students meeting proficiency standards in only three years?
Ask Mastery Charter School in Philadelphia. Mastery has been turning around schools in Philly since 2005 – they’ve taken some of the worst city schools and changed the leadership and the culture, and – working with the same kids as before the turn-around—made huge gains in proficiency on the state student assessment. The largest gain so far has been a 544% increase in the number of students meeting proficiency in 7th grade math since 2006 at their Shoemaker Campus. Here is a quick look at how all of their schools are doing. Their motto says it all- “Excellence. No Excuses.”
Imagine if the 16,000 kids in Delaware’s lowest performing schools had access to this kind of program. The benefits for our state would be colossal!
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System