Kudos to the DSEA, TFA, Moyer and WJBR
In the flurry of emails, some just catch my eye. This one certainly did. It was an announcement that Laura Mayer, a high school teacher and Teach For America corps member at Maurice Moyer Academy, was recently named the DSEA & WJBR Teacher of the Month.
It caught my eye for a few reasons. One, Rodel is a supporter of TFA and it was nice to see one of these young teachers be acknowledged. Laura is a fellow University of Delaware alum so it was especially nice to see that she chose to make a difference here in Delaware. Two, Moyer has had some well-publicized challenges over the last couple of years, so it was nice to see them get some positive press. And finally, I appreciated the fact that the DSEA acknowledged Laura even though she works in a charter school and is likely not a formal member of the union. This was a classy move.
And as for WJBR, I might have to switch off my Sirius radio on my drives to work and give 99.5 a listen. The broader acknowledgement program is a nice idea.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System