Meet Alan Flores
Hi everyone! My name is Alan Flores and I am a senior at Conrad Schools of Science. One of my goals after I graduate high school is to attend a top college or university. But for now, one thing that is on my plate is that I am considered an undocumented student.
When I first came to this country when I was three years old, I didn’t know any English. When it was time to go to school, I had to adapt myself to learning a new language by myself since my mother didn’t know the language either. I learned quickly, with the help of my bilingual kindergarten teacher, who also helped my mom.
Even though I am only a part of the Rodel team for a short time, I am excited to research English learner students in Delaware and listen to stories from other EL students. I will also complete research on other topics in education, such as school funding and early learning. I know that Rodel will be a new challenge for me (which is a good thing, because I sure do love challenges!), and will push me further along in my educational journey.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System