Teacher Fellows Program Launching in April
Hope Street Group is launching their Teacher Fellows program to empower 3-4 Delaware educators (along with teachers from other leading states, including Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, and New York) to serve as national spokespeople for our DPAS II teacher evaluation system.
The program will empower leaders throughout Delaware classrooms to share their expertise and ideas with national audiences – ultimately benefitting all students (both within Delaware and nationally) with access to highly-effective teachers. Responsibilities include:
- Initiating, moderating, and analyzing online teacher discussions about education issues and using this information to develop policy recommendations;
- Serving as a local and national spokesperson for teachers’ ideas and perspectives, including writing op-ed and letters to the editor;
- Meeting directly with leading policymakers to help them understand teacher views and to present teacher-generated solutions;
- Collaborating with other Hope Street Group Fellows in developing strategies to encourage and expand teacher involvement in policy and advocacy activities in their states; and
- Writing brief reviews of articles and reports on important education issues for publication on the Hope Street Group Site.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the application instructions on their website. Applications are due by April 15th.
*Hope Street Group is currently involved in the development of multiple measures for our statewide DPAS II evaluation system.