Open Letter to Secretary Duncan
Last month, I wrote a letter to Secretary Arne Duncan expressing support for the U.S. Department of Education’s ambitious education reform agenda. With respect to the $4.35 billion Race to the Top grant fund, I encouraged Secretary Duncan to award funds to only the most aggressive states, as has been the intention since the competition was announced. I also urged him to keep the bar very high in terms of what is expected of states, and not allow political whims to get in the way of what is best for our students. Read the full letter here.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System