Race to the Top Handicapping
While no one knows exactly how many states will be winners in the first round of Race to the Top, it’s down to 16 and predictions are starting to circle for how the finalists stack up. Delaware looks pretty good across the board. The national predictions we have seen (Education Week, Partnership for Learning, Foundation for Education Reform and Accountability) put Delaware in the top five or six of the finalists. Of course there are individual areas where other states may be stronger, but we have heard from some national experts that Delaware’s application is one of the most comprehensive out there.
Governor Markell and his team will be heading to D.C. next week for a 90 minute interview where they will make our case. Winners are expected to be announced in early April.
- Thanks Luke! Delaware’s Heralded CTE Director Joins Biden-Harris Administration
- What can Delaware learn from CNBC’s State Rankings for Business?
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System