We’re Hiring: Associate, Development/Fundraising
Rodel is hiring!
Job Title: Associate, Development/Fundraising
Summary: The core role of the Development/Fundraising Associate is to be a collaborative team member helping Delaware become a global leader in public education. The Development/Fundraising Associate will support our fundraising and grant management functions through all facets of the process. Working in collaboration with the entire team, the Development/Fundraising Associate will provide research on potential funders and help manage our funder pipelines. This role will manage the application processes for grant applications to both local and national partners and coordinate reporting requirements. The Development/Fundraising Associate will manage our contact management system, keeping the database updated and providing accurate details for the team.
Critical Success Personal Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Equity mindset and passion for our organizational mission
- Project management skills to ensure goals are met on time
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Creative problem solver with the resilience to work through or around obstacles
- Good judgment and proactive
- Fun — this is hard work and we are a small team, so a sense of humor is appreciated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and support all development/fundraising work with local and national funders.
- Support Rodel’s development/fundraising team
- Provide support at team meetings to address challenges, provide updates and ensure progress toward goal achievement
- Provide insights and guidance relative to prospective and current funder progress, priorities and conflicts
- Update the team relative to trends and provide recommendations of potential areas for growth
- Administer internal grant and fundraising processes
- Track grant cycles and research on prospective funders
- Prepare Rodel team members for meetings with funders
- Oversee and manage the implementation of a new contact management system database
- Support funder cultivation events
- Provide support to Rodel partners as needed
The ideal candidate will excel in:
- Written and verbal communication
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with the team
- Managing multiple projects and grants concurrently
- Microsoft Office
- Strong technical skills with the affinity to learn new technology applications.
A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred for this position but not required if the applicant has relevant work experience. At least 2 to 4 years of experience coordinating and managing administrative activities is required. Prior experience in development or grant management is a bonus.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package. We also provide customized support and professional development to advance your skillset.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Tiffany Trawick at firstname.lastname@example.org.