We’re Hiring: Communications and Digital Media Specialist
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Communications and Digital Media Specialist
Reports to: Director of Communications
Summary: The Communications and Digital Media Specialist will bring an energetic and forward-thinking perspective to ensure that Delaware is global leader in educating each of its students to contribute and thrive. The communications team works with internal and external team members to advance Rodel’s goals. The primary role of this position is to advance communications efforts by leading projects with coalitions and vendors, developing communications products, and driving analysis, strategy, and planning. Work will include our education focus areas including: early learning, teacher preparation and diversity, pathways and postsecondary success, student-centered learning, social and emotional development, and school finance.
Critical Success Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong writing ability
- Experience with social media and knowledge of best practices
- Experience with graphic design
- Detail-oriented; experience adhering to branding and style guidelines
- Ideation/generative creative thinking
Preferred skills include:
- HTML/web design
- Graphic design using Adobe and/or PowerPoint
- Experience with newsletter design using MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Strategy and planning
- Experience/knowledge of government, public policy, or education issues
- Event and/or webinar planning and logistics
- Knowledge and interest in expanding a new CRM tool to support communication strategies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communications and Brand Management
- Manage small- and large-scale projects while lead coalition, campaign, and initiative communications products and strategies
- Manage partner and vendor relationships to execute strategy
- Lead development of PPT decks, websites, press releases, infographics, blogs
- Develop and manage project timelines and workflow
- Platforms and Channels
- Maintain communications calendar of deliverables across 8 brands and social media/web/media channels, including newsletters, events, press releases
- Develop social media strategy and schedule across all brands
- Contribute to social media content, newsletters, and web copy
- Research, Analytics, Measurements, SEO
- Lead data reporting, analysis, and strategy development for online communications
- Conduct analysis of social, email, website traffic and recommend strategies to achieve organizational goals
Education/Experience and Computer Skills:
To perform this job effectively, a bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or political science/public policy, or equivalent, is preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, have knowledge of online and social media best practices, and the ability/ affinity to learn new technology applications.
The ideal candidate will excel in:
- Written and verbal communication
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Strategic thinking
- Microsoft Office, and have a strong knowledge of online and social media best practices
- Strong technical skills with the ability/affinity to learn new technology applications.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
For further information on Rodel, please visit us at www.RodelDE.org
Submit a cover letter and resume to Tiffany Trawick at email@example.com.