We’re Hiring: Communications and Media Specialist
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Communications and Media Specialist
Summary: This position on a small, dynamic communications team supports Rodel and its partner organizations and coalitions. The communications team works with internal and external team members to advance Rodel’s advocacy, policy, programmatic, and fundraising goals. The primary role of this position is to advance communications efforts by leading work with coalitions and vendors, developing communications products, and driving analysis, strategy, and planning. Work will involve education issues areas including: early learning, teacher preparation and diversity, pathways and postsecondary success, student-centered learning, social and emotional development, and school finance.
Critical Success Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Strong writing ability
- Experience with social media and knowledge of best practices
- Experience with graphic design
- Project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail-oriented; experience adhering to branding and style guidelines
- Ideation/generative creative thinking
Preferred skills include:
- HTML/web design
- Graphic design using Adobe and/or PowerPoint
- Experience with newsletter design using MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Strategy and planning
- Experience/knowledge of government, public policy, or education issues
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communications and Brand Management
- Lead coalition, campaign, and initiative communications products and strategies
- Manage partner and vendor relationships to execute strategy
- Lead development of PPT decks, websites, press releases, infographics, blogs
- Develop and manage project timelines and workflow
- Platforms and Channels
- Maintain communications calendar of deliverables across 8 brands and social media/web/media channels, including newsletters, events, press releases
- Develop social media strategy and schedule across all brands
- Contribute to social media content, newsletters, and web copy
- Research, Analytics, Measurements, SEO
- Lead data reporting, analysis, and strategy development for online communications
- Conduct analysis of social, email, website traffic and recommend strategies to achieve organizational goals
Education/Experience and Computer Skills:
To perform this job effectively, a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Marketing or Political Science/Public Policy, or equivalent, is preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, have knowledge of online and social media best practices, and the ability/ affinity to learn new technology applications.
The ideal candidate will excel in:
- Written and verbal communication
- The ability to work independently and with others
- Strategic thinking
- Microsoft Office, and have a strong knowledge of online and social media best practices
- Strong technical skills with the ability/affinity to learn new technology applications.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Nancy Millard at email@example.com.