We’re Hiring: Policy Research Fellow
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Policy Research Fellow
Reports to: Director of Policy and Advocacy
Summary: As a Policy Fellow, you will work with the policy and communications teams to accomplish our vision of Delaware as a global leader in educating each of its students to contribute and thrive by supporting state and local leadership and many of our partner organizations. You will have the opportunity to be involved in vast projects covering topics including teacher and leader diversity, education innovation, personalized learning, funding equity, college and career readiness, and early childhood education.
This is a part-time, paid internship, approximately 15-20 hours per week tentatively scheduled for February 1 – May 31, 2022.
Critical Success Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Passion for the mission and public education
- Strong critical thinking and analytic capability
- Practices flexibility and is proactive
- Manage multiple tasks and requests
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute small to large research requests on wide variety of education topics
- Synthesize findings of research, including national best practices for different audiences
- Support data analysis and visualization within excel and other visualization tools
- Data entry into our contact management system
- General office support and administrative support for events
- Other duties related to research and data to be assigned as needed
Education/Experience and Computer Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Policy, Public Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Graduate-level students working toward completion of an advanced degree are preferred.
- A general understanding and/or strong willingness to learn about state and national education systems, policies, and practices are required.
- Successful candidates must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Rodel is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Tiffany Trawick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Topics: Delaware jobs, job listing, jobs, we're hiring
- We Knew State and National Test Scores Would Drop. Now Let’s Get to Work.
- Supporting Delaware’s Students in the Wake of COVID
- Parent Advocacy Leads to New, More Accessible Online Kindergarten Registration System
- Reasons to Be Optimistic about the Wilmington Learning Collaborative
- Remembering MLK Through the Next Generation