We’re Hiring: Policy Research Intern
Rodel is hiring!
Job title: Policy Research Intern
Summary: Rodel seeks a Policy Research Intern to work with the policy and communications teams to engage and inform stakeholders, partners, and the community to work together in support of Rodel’s vision. The Policy Research Intern will have the opportunity to be involved in vast projects covering topics including teacher and leader diversity, education innovation, personalized learning, funding equity, college and career readiness, and early childhood education.
This is a part-time, paid internship, approximately 15-20 hours per week tentatively scheduled for September 15th 2023 – May 31, 2024.
Critical Success Attributes and Strengths for this Role:
- Passion for the mission and public education
- Strong critical thinking and analytic capability
- Practices flexibility and is proactive
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute small to large research requests on wide variety of education topics
- Synthesize findings of research, including national best practices for different audiences
- Contributing to long-term planning through research, analysis, synthesis and visualization
- Developing our externally facing data products, including Delaware Public Education At A Glance
- Support data analysis and visualization within excel and other visualization tools
- General office support and administrative support for events
- Other duties related to research and data to be assigned as needed
Education/Experience and Computer Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, Public Policy, Public Administration or equivalent is preferred.
- Graduate-level students working toward completion of an advanced degree are preferred.
- A general understanding and/or strong willingness to learn about state and national education systems, policies, and practices are required.
- Successful candidates must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Tiffany Trawick via email at email@example.com.